If you have downloaded and installed the newest version of QuickBooks Payroll then there’s a chance that you might face issues in doing payrolls and verifying Digital signature? This issue is known as QuickBooks Error 15215 which takes place when you try to update the payroll release. Unstable internet connections, change in firewall settings, etc could be some reasons behind this error. This error stands like a wall between you and your work productivity so it is necessary to fix this error immediately. This incredible post contains everything from the root causes and symptoms to the solutions to fix Error 15215 QuickBooks. Let’s proceed.
QuickBooks Error 15215: Symptoms
If your QBs software has received Error 15215 QuickBooks then you will encounter the below-mentioned synonyms:
- Active programs and apps get crashed.
- Corrupt system due to running of the same program.
- Failing to verify digital signatures.
- The screen flashes a message- QuickBooks Update Error 15215 Server Not Responding.
- Receiving QuickBooks Error 15215 notifications again and again.
- The system responds slowly to the commands by keyboard and mouse.
- QB software does not respond appropriately.
- Your windows begin hanging.
QuickBooks Error 15215: Causes
- Inappropriate configuration of Internet Explorer settings.
- Wrong installation of the QBs software.
- Virus threat can also give rise to QuickBooks Error 15215.
- Some other applications have interrupted the functioning of QB software.
- Running of Third-party applications in the system’s background.
- Files related to QB payroll have been deleted accidentally by some programs.
- Downloading a corrupt QBs software causing the QuickBooks Update Error 15215 Server Not Responding.
- Firewall settings are stopping QuickBooks Payroll from establishing a connection to the server.
Fix QuickBooks Error 15215 Server Not Responding: Quick Solutions
After reading the symptoms and reasons for the QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215, let’s start with the easy troubleshooting methods to repair the error.
Solution 1: Rebooting
The simplest first step to repair the QuickBooks Error 15215 is rebooting your system. Rebooting the system will restrict the applications causing problems in closing/resetting the QuickBooks Payroll settings.
- Click on the button “Start” and click on the “Shutdown” option.
- Tap on the “Restart” option to start rebooting.
When the computer starts again then confirm if QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215 is fixed or not.
Solution 2: Running Quickbooks Software as an Administrator
Sometimes third-party applications stop the working of QBs. You have to give your software Administration rights to fix QuickBooks Error #15215.
- Close the QuBs properly and make sure all windows are closed.
- Right-click on the icon of QBs.
- Tap on the option of Run Quickbooks as an Administrator.
- Your screen will flash a warning notification, tap on Yes.
Solution 3: Checkmark TLS 1.0 and Uncheck 1.1 and 1.2
If the two solutions above could not resolve QuickBooks Error #15215 then move to this method.
- Close the QBs application.
- Access Internet Explorer.
- Tap on the Tools option.
- Reach out to the option of the Internet.
- Pick the Advanced option.
- In the Advanced settings tab, find the option of ‘Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.2, and Use TLS 1.2’.
- Checkmark the option of Use TLS 1.0. Unmark TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2.
- Tap on OK.
- Close the browser.
- Restart the PC to save the change.
- Open the QBs software to check if you can download the update.
Solution 4: Reboot the Windows using Selective Startup Mode
If the QuickBooks Error 15215 is still troubling you then jump to this method step by step.
- Close the QBs application that is open.
- Open the “Run window”
- If you are a Windows XP user: Choose “Start” then “Run“.
- If you are a Windows 7 and Vista user: Choose “Start” then the option “All Programs” then “Accessories” >“Run“.
- For Windows 8 and 10 users: Press the “Windows key” and “R”.
- Type “MSConfig” in the Run box and tap on “OK“.
- The dialogue box of the System Configuration Utility dialog box will be opened.
- Tap on the “Selective startup“.
- Uncheck the “Load Startup Items” box.
- Tap on “Apply” then press“OK” to “Save” all the changes.
- Restart the PC.
- Open “QBs“ one more time.
- Start downloading the “Latest tax table“.
- Now open “System Configuration Utility”
- Pick up the option of “Normal startup radio”.
- Choose “Apply” then press “OK” to “Save” all the modifications.
- Restart the PC again.
- Now your system will function in a normal mode.
Important Read: QuickBooks Sync Manager Error (Troubleshooting Guide)
Solution 5: Manually Installing all the Updates
The next method will resolve QuickBooks Error 15215 instantly.
- Check for the availability of the latest QuickBooks updates.
- Select the product.
- Click on the “Change Option”.
- Choose the “QuickBooks Product.”
- Click on the update option and go to the location where the file is saved.
- Tap on Save.
- Then restart the windows.
- Open again the QBs application.
- See if the newest version is updating.
You will get all about QuickBooks Error 15215 in this single post. The above 5 solutions are easy to follow and implement. We hope that you found this post reliable to fix the error. If yes, then do visit our website to check out more worthy articles. In case you have more doubts, then you can contact QuickBooks Customer Support for more assistance. The trained professionals are available 24×7 to help you out.